'THE ANEJO' BY PORFIDIO
aims to provide a slightly more price-sensitive alternative to ‘The Original by Porfidio’ with one minor adjustment. It is aged for a shorter time (Anejo instead of Anejo Extra). All other factors are identical. Like ‘The Original’, ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is produced by enzymatic hydrolysis, not heat hydrolysis, which translates into less than half the methanol content when compared to today’s 100% agave tequilas.
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is made from 100% Blue Agave, not simply 100% Agave.
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is made only from first-growth blue agave from the geographically delimited Jalisco region in Mexico.
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is made from cold-pressed agave juice giving less than half the methanol content of the industry average for 100% Agave Tequila® .
• The cold-pressed agave juice is enzymatically hydrolized (not thermally hydrolized)
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is distilled with state-of-the-art German Holstein still.
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is classified as Anejo.
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is aged in virgin oak barrels, not in previously used barrels.
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is continuously aged in hand-toasted virgin oak barrels throughout the entire ageing period, not simply processed with a virgin oak barrel finish.
• ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is partially ocean-matured, in a Tour-Du-Monde.
• Finest quality, hand-made glass bottle
• Note the detail of the red glass “fruits” on the glass cactus figurine in each cactus bottle
• Note the detail of the metallic sparkle effect on the label in gold
• Note the detail of the finest quality, hi-tech, natural-identical-synthetic cork
• Note that each carton is varnished