'THE PLATA' BY PORFIDIO
The Plata by Porfidio has been created with the blue agave purist in mind and is bottled fresh after distillation. Specifically, the spirit is not naturally mellowed through ageing in wood barrels and so preserved in its original state, fresh from the still.
What sets The Plata by Porfidio (Super-Jalisco/Vintage 2019) apart when compared to common Blanco 100% Agave Tequila® is its greatly reduced methanol content, which results in extra smoothness. This is because we make The Plata from cold-pressed agave juice, which is enzymatically hydrolyzed; rather than from hot-pressed agave juice, which is heat hydrolyzed.
Sipped by some, used as a premium cocktail ingredient by many, and consumed as "tequila shots" by others, there is no clearly defined "best enjoyed as" recommendation for this versatile, unaged, distilled spirit.
• Made from 100% Blue Agave, not simply 100% agave
• Made from first-growth blue agave from the geographically delimited Jalisco region
• Made from cold-pressed agave juice resulting in less than half the methanol content of the industry average
• for 100% Agave Tequila® (Vintage 2019 onwards)
• The cold-pressed agave juice is enzymatically hydrolyzed (instead of thermal hydrolysis) - Vintage 2019 onwards
• Distilled with a state-of-the-art German Holstein still
• Hand-made glass bottle + metallic label with sparkling effect
• Natural-identical synthetic cork to avoid any cork taint
UNIQUE TO THIS PRODUCT
• Not aged in oak barrels, but bottled fresh after distillation
• The total transparency of the liquid allows for ultra-clear visibility of the green cactus figurine and red cactus glass fruits
• The size of the cactus is beautifully magnified when the bottle is filled (visual effect)
Thank. You guy's for the care and great packaging, and keeping great. Spirits alive. Love ya!!
Thank you Old Town for your service and keeping good spirits available
I Remember getting this tequila as a house warming gift while staying at Villa caba fino in the Dominican Republic, very special drink and very smooth hands down one of the best
I used to sell this brand of tequila to all my on premise accounts. They used to different color Cactus which looked great on the bar. Used to work for Southern wine and spirits in Jacksonville Florida
nice and smooth
It was a gift so I didn't get to sample yet lol but my transaction was easy and shipping was well packed and fast, This is my new goto site
I used to buy the Blanco Triple Distilled Porfidio in the 1990s now I can’t find it. But this is a close second and is very clean with no after bite. I enjoy this and recommend it for those that like the Blanco clean taste
Nice and smooth. This is close to the triple distilled Porfidio that I believe is no longer available. I would purchase again
This is actually a very good very smooth tequila. I compared them side by side with Don Jose 1942, Arco Del Cabo (the only others I had) and considered it the smoothest of the 3. Not sure if this helps but...
The best tequila hands down. So smooth. No harsh after bit that you get from the cheap stuff!! No lime needed... that great!!