Tlamati Papalometl Agave Spirits 750ml
- Maestro Mezcalero: Balbino & Sergio Salas
- Produced in San Miguel Atlapulco, Puebla
- 100% Papalometl (Agave potatorum)
- Cooked in a conical earthen oven
- Milled by hand using wooden mallet & canoa, and with small mechanical grinder
- Fermented with ambient yeast and spring water in stainless steel tanks
- Cacao, rose and other flowers, guava, cinnamon, marzipan, thyme and oregano, soft custard, red berries, dates and raisin, more flowers. All over the place, all indulgent!
- 46.8% ABV (alcohol subject to change from batch to batch)
- Made from the species commonly known as Tobalá, but coming from Puebla rather than Oaxaca. A decadent pleasure to experience, and another opportunity to rethink agave species and terroir. Fragrant with flowers and spiced cacao, dried herbs, soft berries, and faintly lactic, buttered pastry. Delightful!