Mi CAMPO Reposado is crafted using high quality agave and tequila production methods to bring you a contemporary take on tequila tradition.
- 100% Blue Weber Agave
- Cooked in stone ovens
- Piñas are squeezed not crushed
- Double distilled in alembic stills
- Rested for three months in French oak wine barrels, a blend of Pinot Noir (70%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (30%)
- On the palate, honey maple, peaches and cream, white chocolate and a thread of minerality segues to a pepper and toasted oak finish.
- The fragrant nose opens with cooked agave, ripe banana, apple, chocolate and cappuccino, layered over aromas of vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin and clove.
- Straw colored with hints of gold sparkle.
- Master Tequilero: Jose “Pepe” Hermosillo
- Country of Origin: Mexico
- Agave: 100% Blue Weber Agave
- Aging: Three months in French oak Robert Mondavi Winery barrels (70% Pinot Noir, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Alcohol: 40%
- Size: 750 ml
This has a hard brash taste. Lingering after taste that is very hard Agave taste. It grabs the throat when drinking and has an uncomfortable after burn. Not one of my better choices .
Good for margaritas, if the price stays the same
Being long familiar with Pepe Hermosillo's Casa Noble tequilas, I was looking forward to seeing what he could do at a $20 price point. I can only say "Wow!" While it's naturally not as smooth as Casa Noble's single-barrel Reposado, it's also about $50-$60 cheaper. This is a great find!