The Lost Explorer Mezcal Tobala 750ml
- SMALL-BATCH ARTISANAL MEZCAL: A handcrafted spirit made from 100% agave, cultivated in the sun-soaked Valles Centrales, Oaxaca in Mexico. Co-founded by David de Rothschild and Thor Björgólfsson, in partnership with Mezcalero Don Fortino Ramos.
- MULTI-AWARD WINNING MEZCALERO: Each small batch is handcrafted by internationally recognised Maestro Mezcalero Don Fortino Ramos with a sustainable approach that is deeply in tune with the rhythm of nature - Tobalá Agave grows for 10 years before harvesting begins.
- TASTING NOTES: An earthy mezcal expression, with hints of tobacco, cocoa, vanilla and leather, offering a unique balance between wood aromas and umami flavours. Sip Curiously.
- PERFECT FOR SIPPING NEAT: Handcrafted to be slowly sipped at room temperature out of a traditional clay copita. For an elevated taste experience, try pairing with chocolate and caramel sea salt.
- A UNIQUE GIFT: A perfect gift for those intrigued by mezcal, The Lost Explorer Mezcal Tobalá comes in beautiful hand-labelled bottles made from recycled crystal, sealed with fully biodegradable cork & a kiss of natural beeswax.
Refined and elegant, this is a mezcal you can sip slowly on your porch on a summer night. The agave notes are distinct but light enough for you to finish the bottle without feeling warm or bloated. It’s beautiful on every way.
Not that I'm an expert or anything, but this is an elegant, soft spoken mezcal with a distinct herbaceous taste that approaches sweetness without getting too close.
There's almost no smokiness which I like in other varietals, but I didn't miss it at all.
To me it was a long gentle kiss on the lips, not a tongue-down-your-throat rip your clothes off experience.